Vancouver Airport Walk

Last Friday early morning, I flew to Salt Lake City-Vancouver for 4 hours and then back. First time to Vancouver, I totally forgot only S. California feels like Summer in late November. Other cities are actually "normally" cold during this season. The problem of wearing sandals, short sleeves and light jacket was that I ended up with freezing toes.

Irresponsible lawyer forgot to withdraw my h1 petition. The new h1 visa kicks in in October and terminated my student status. Normally it's not a big deal but with a job at school, I ended up not working for 3 weeks. 3 weeks of unemployment means 3 weeks of no income. To change status back costs $200 plus plane ticket to leave the country and come back. ISO adviser unfortunately seemed really unprofessional kept telling me that it's not her problem and she shouldn't be working on this issue. Lawyer on the other hand wouldn't admit it's his fault which was exactly what I expected.

I've noticed that I tend to get depressed, mellow and maybe even scared when a change is happening. Even though flying to another city/airport is really not a big deal, I still got really tensed the night before. Joe said he would be the first one to fly out if there's any problem. And, he will never ever send me to Canada if I won't be able to come back.

4am, early in the morning, I showed up at LAX for my "Walk at Vancouver Airport Trip". It was smooth actually. The lady at custom even figured out that I flew here just to get the paperwork straight by herself. The weather at Vancouver wasn't great. I saw snow from the plane but didn't get to see any pretty maple scene.

Oh, one little command, the biscoff cookie from Delta airline is super delicious! Back to work, and back to school. Normal life, here I come.

0 Responses to "Vancouver Airport Walk"