Debug

Always knew that Michael wanted me to dig into the codes ASAP. After today's free lunch, he stopped my C# fun time and asked me to fix the problem.

I was scared to death that I was not familiar with Delphi's debug, Pascal code, their application, and so on. I even constantly crashed the whole application because I couldn't figure out what should I do next. Soon, I went hiding in the restroom just prayed. With what I heard this morning from the message, I told God because you are great, you are merciful, you love me, you have wonderful plan for me, you listen to prayer, you are AWESOME (the funny modern term *msg joke*), so, here is my request, let me be courageous and face this challenge.

Working hard to thicken my face, I asked Michael tons of questions. He showed me the difference of tracing, which I never really understand in school; showed me how to manually close application but not rebuilding while in the middle of debugging and crashing application all the time; guided me using search while I get totally lost tracing into another thousand lines of codes function. I gradually understand what I first tried to do wasn't really right. However, as knowing more and more, things started making sense. Typing the order number, I was thinking "testing and debugging is actually quite fun."

This is the simplest code. I literally cheered in the restroom and car after I finished the job on time and got problem solved! Thanks God for my first “actual battle“ experience of being a programmer.

0 Responses to "Debug"