2nd Interview

I got my 2nd interview invitation one day after my 1st interview. The whole GG office was happy for me. Joe of course is one of my biggest cheerleaders. He keeps telling me how great I am!

2nd interview has assignment for me. Two things-organizing several ideas that Career Services may be benefit from and designing an event flyer. I tried to put together all the things Joe taught me about flyer. Surprisingly, he said my flyer was really good. I was thinking he will give me some ideas about how to improve it. After all, that was my first real attempt for flyer though. haha

There are couple more interview questions asked. I think I did pretty well! The flyer assignment surprised them a lot too. Though James is a bit opinionated, but director likes it. :)

It's interesting that my English has been one of the topics that people will address during conversation. I am so grateful that there have been lots of opportunities to improve my English, and I did catch them! Director said she's really impressed with me. If she could, she would give me the offer immediately. That's how impressed she is. :D Really flattered!

Joe was so happy for me. I felt I was on the king's seat receiving lots of lots of compliments and cheering! This is how much his "approval" and compliment means to me. I am super happy hearing he said he's proud of me. Cuz I admire him so much, this feels like Phelps told me I swim pretty good! haha.

I wish my family will be happy for me as much as Joe did. I wish they will know how much effort I put into my life and all the challenges along the way. I wish they will say, "this is amazing! you have what job?" Isn't it pretty cool? this job is more formal and serious then my previous job! I felt I am like a "real" American here!! (in the sense that I can work on the same kind of job as they do!) Well, the reality probably is they won't recognize at all. And I just need to live with it.

0 Responses to "2nd Interview"